Friday, July 08, 2005

Poverty in the land of plenty:Africa

hmmm,

Africa... you never know this beautiful continent unless you spend your whole life there... cos this is where my heart feels free.. where I get to kiss the red earth and feel alive... and yet this is where the "freedom - fighters" alias colonial masters came to destroy our innocence, it is like robbing the bridegroom of his wife, in the name of colonisation!
Yet, I never get to watch the Live8 cos I was busy in school with my classes, but i got some snippets of the concert here and there through my mobile phone but then, I dunno what the heck the G8 members are doing, I have forgotten that they were still around until I heard about the terrorist attack in central London and that was when I realised that the G8 were still available...
People, Africa is too rich to be in debt, but are we going to stop begging for more resources when we already have enough?! Are we still trying to fill everybody's pocket with money and yet our own countrymen cant find any kobo to hold on to cos we are poor? I dont believe that we are poor cos they are using our brain, draining us and stressing us with all of their problems and yet we are still being colonised( no pun intended) on what to do? well, we need to stand up for ourselves, whether the G8 are going to help us or not, we need to satisfy ourselves with the limited resources that God gave to us and use it and not allow them to take more from us... so help me God...

No comments: